July 18th, 2016
- A reminder that the last day to buy discounted Taste of Edmonton tickets is July 20, 2016.
- Workshop Eatery is hosting A Garden Party on August 11, 2016. Tickets for the four-course al fresco meal are $100, with proceeds going to the Canadian Culinary Fund.
- A modern speakeasy, Nightjar, is now open at 8130 Gateway Boulevard.
- Jonny visited Curry Corner in Riverbend and shared the great lunch special they offer for $11.
- Linda was invited to dine at the Highlands Golf Club, which is open to non-members.
- The Globe is the latest to review Beaumont’s Chartier.
- El Cortez’s patio received the spotlight from the Journal this week.
- The Journal covered the local interpretation of the trend towards no tipping: Cafe Linnea will be Edmonton’s first, though Chartier has a model that pools and redistributes tips.
- SpeakTiki is the latest cocktail collective that is making waves, with a focus on promoting Tiki cocktail culture.
- Speaking of booze, Edmonton has a new brewery in town, called Bent Stick Brewing.They just released their first two beers.
- This is a great piece in The Walrus about the place of bannock in Aboriginal cuisine.
- Do you ever just want to watch people cook without all of the commentary? Then these Silently Cooking videos are for you.
- You can now get Tim Horton’s iced capps in a bottle. But isn’t the beauty of iced cap the…ice?
- I met up with a few friends at Daravara on Friday to catch up over some food. The Southern fried chicken sandwich was delicious!
Southern fried chicken sandwich and parm garlic fries
- Before King Noodle House’s vacation (July 18-26), Mack and I made sure to swing by for a pho/bun bo hue fix.
I love me some bun bo hue
- Mack and I joined Linda and some of her friends at the Ronald McDonald House of Northern Alberta for our first Meals that Mend experience on Saturday. It was very rewarding experience being able to cook for families whose children are receiving treatment at local hospitals. It was a lot of fun, and the families were so appreciative of the small gesture. Thanks Linda for having us!
With the birthday girl!