Monday, July 2nd, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Food Notes for July 2, 2012
- The Green and Gold Community Garden opens for the season on July 3, 2012. Hours are 7-8:30pm on Tuesdays and 11am-1pm on Saturdays.
- I love the idea of a “pork crawl” – the Passion for Pork folks have organized their first ever Swine and Dine dinner taking place on July 3, 2012 that will introduce eaters to three different interpretations of pork.
- On the heels of Latitude 53’s summer patio parties, the Art Gallery of Alberta has started their own series of al fresco parties – Tuesdays on the Terrace begins on July 3, and runs through to the end of August. From 4-8pm, a complimentary art-inspired cocktail from Zinc will be included with the price of admission.
- Blue Plate Diner is hosting another Farm to Fork dinner on July 8, 2012.
- Jerry Aulenbach, Edmonton’s bacon man about town, is hosting his annual #yeghelp function on July 11, 2012 at Lux. Expect a great meal finished off by a sunset ride on the High Level Bridge streetcar.
- Mark your calendars – Live Local’s Fork Fest runs July 15-19 and 22-26, 2012.
- Did you know there is a Co-op wine store in Edmonton?
- Two food truck reads: one an overview of the current scene in Vue, and a guide in the July issue of Avenue Edmonton.
- Loved the reasoning in this Serious Eats write-up in favour of street eats.
- Mack and I took in an Eskimos game on Saturday with his Dad. It was such a beautiful evening for a football game, and all the better that the Esks won!
- To celebrate Canada Day, Mack and I trekked down to Mill Woods on the bus for their fireworks show. It’s been a few years since I’ve been down there, and I have missed it – I think it’s a bit more laid-back and community-oriented than the fireworks show downtown. Hope you had a good one too!
Mack was impressed by the crowds and music