Monday, February 3rd, 2014 at 11:13 pm
Food Notes for February 3, 2014
Hello, winter! We knew we were in for a cold February after an above average January, but it is still a shock to the system. Bundle up! On to this week’s food notes:
- More details were announced about the second Hawkers Market, taking place on February 22, 2014.
- Daravara, the newest 124 Street hot spot, opened on February 1, 2014.
- Liane shared some news about a new coffee shop coming soon to Oliver, called Iconoclast Koffie Huis (first Sloppy Hogs Roed Hus, and now this). Look for it in the coming weeks at 11807B 105 Avenue.
- Shanghai 456 is now open in their new location (14456 118 Avenue). Time to get your xiao long bao on!
- North 53 scored a pair of reviews, from both Robyn and Liv. Their new website is also up, if you want a longer look at their menu.
- Andrea reviewed brunch at Sherwood Park’s Square One Wye Road.
- Vue Weekly checks out The Parlour.
- Liane kicked off a bi-weekly series last week which shines a light on the city’s delis. Her first piece focuses on Omonia Foods in Chinatown.
- This is certainly the first time I’ve seen a restaurant use Kickstarter to fund a campaign to make a Taste of Edmonton booth possible.
- Did you know NAIT grows microgreens and herbs year-round in their Urban Cultivator?
- With an intense craving for burek, Mack and I headed to The Cheese Factory on Friday night. It was also a good excuse to indulge in their squeaky cheese poutine.
- We celebrated Chinese New Year over the weekend with friends and family. Nothing like a generous spread to ring in the Year of the Horse!