Monday, February 13th, 2017 at 11:35 pm
Food Notes for February 13, 2017
- Who doesn’t love a good deal? Look no further than to UberEats, who is offering some great dollar deals from February 13-19, 2017.
- If you’re still looking for a Valentine’s Day reservation – tickets for the Honest Dumplings and Prairie Pigeon pop-up at the Chvrch of John are still available.
- Food4Good is hosting a fruit and veggie sale from 3-8pm February 16, 2017 at the Glenwood Community League.
- Save the date: the 6th annual Culinary Cook-off at Mount Royal School will take place on April 22, 2017.
- Coming soon: Vaticano Cucina, opening at 10310 45 Avenue in March.
- Andrea’s among the first to share her experience at 104 Street addition Bundok.
- Jonny checked out much of the menu at Baijiu.
- One of Old Strathcona’s newest pubs, Malt and Mortar, was reviewed in the Journal over the weekend.
- Graham really enjoyed the sausage and beer at Otto.
- If you haven’t heard of Zwick’s Pretzels, head on over for sweet or savoury pretzels!
- CBC commissioned a “poutine panel” to evaluate the poutine from My Fries and Dixie Lee.
- Highlands Golf Course is getting into the take-out game – they’re offering a take-out option every Friday for orders placed before Thursday at noon.
- Learn the story behind Hansen Distillery, one of Edmonton’s newest distilleries.
- Liane reveals the thought process behind how some restaurants chose their tableware.
- Chef Paul Shufelt is proud of the talented up and coming chefs that call Edmonton/Alberta home!
- Speaking of talented chefs – Chef Eric Hanson shared his bronze medal winning experience at the Gold Medal Plates on Global.
- Vesta Gardens opened up their community supported agriculture for 2017 – the 10-week share is $350.
- Cathy tried her hand at making her mother’s perogies.
- A new study shows that people may perceive healthy foods to be more expensive.
- Merriam-Webster added more than two dozen food-related words to the dictionary this year – check them out (they include EVOO, food truck, and food insecure).
- I had my first experience of Bar Clementine last week. Loved the drinks (the Provence was delicious) and my friend and I enjoyed our share plates.